The 68th Annual APHA Convention will focus on "Health Equity - The Highest Level of Health for All" and will be held in partnership with the Southern Health Association from May 11-May 13. To register for the Convention click here. (NOTE: ADH Employees may be eligible for a $60 reimbursement for registration costs.)
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Camara Jones, President of the American Public Health Association
- Dr. Lisa Waddell, "Advancing Health Equity and Achieving Optimal Health for All"
- Dr. Joycelyn Elders, Former United States Surgeon General (NOTE: Dr. Elders will be speaking at the Legacy Luncheon and tickets must be purchased separately and in advance.
Featured Breakout Sessions include:
- Nutrition Section, featuring Emily English from GardenCorps and Vicki Matthews, Better Beginnings Coordinator at the Division of Child Care
- Health Administration Section, featuring Ann Purvis, Deputy Director for Administration at the Arkansas Department of Health
- Office Professionals of Arkansas Section, featuring Jeremy Thomas speaking on "The Un-Ignorable Power of Hospitality" and a special session from Jennifer Siccari.
- Health Disparities Section, a luncheon meeting featuring presentations from Dr. Michelle R. Smith, Director of the Arkansas Department of Health's Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities, and Ms. Naomi Cottoms, Executive Director of the Tri-County Rural Health Network.
- Health Education and Promotion Section, featuring Dr. Pamela Tabor, Director of the Arkansas Infant & Child Death Program, and Anna Haver, Arkansas Department of Health Community Health Promotion Specialist
For more information on the Convention schedule and registration, click here.